6083 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: nas server

ess
Super Advisor

nas server

hi

i have one nas server model dl380g5 and install  2 hard drive 72gb 10k but now i need the too space . how add install 2 hard drive 146gb 15k STEAD hard drive 72gb and all data move to new hard drive.

please help i need help very force.

tanks.

2 REPLIES 2
SMR
Valued Contributor

Re: nas server

It sounds like you want to replace your existing 72GB drives with 146GB ones... First check that you have a RAID 1 array, download the HP Array configuration utility for your OS and check the RAID level, once confirmed make a backup of all your data (to be safe) then simply pull one drive, insert the new one and wait for it to finish the rebuild process, you can check the rebuild process with Array config utility, once it's complete, do the same with the other hard drive.

Now you can select your logical drive from within ACU and extend it's size. Of course your current partition will remain the same size, now you need to 1) Create a new partition for the remaning hard drive space or 2) Use something like partition magic to modify the partition size.
ess
Super Advisor

RE: nas server

hi

tanks for help but how backup of all your data (to be safe) and which software backup is the best.