cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ncu fails after downgrade

Bruce Rose
Advisor

ncu fails after downgrade

I had to downgrade the ncu drier after an upgrade failed on the nic driver. I wanted to update the driver for an nc373i, but after an issue that came up I needed to bring it back down. After that was brought back to 7.6 from 7.9 I had to bring the ncu down to the same level as well. After doing that I would get a message when starting ncu that cpqteam.sys was a 8.40 and needed to be at 8.70. I had taken the ncu from 8.40 (original level) to 8.70 (update along with nic) back to 8.40 (after nic update failed). I need to get this working and was hoping to get some pointers.

Thanks
2 REPLIES
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: ncu fails after downgrade

Hello :)

Try instaling this.

Of it doesn't help, download and unpack the drivers, uninstall the 373i cars from device manager, delete the reg.entries and reboot the server. Then by next booting it will find again the network cards and you will be able to point to the appropriate driver.

Regards!
Bruce Rose
Advisor

Re: ncu fails after downgrade

went to the properties page of the lan connection and uninstalled the ncu from there. Rebooted server, and ran the installation of NCU once again (cp006331) and it worked just fine.

Thanks