cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice for a great webserver system config

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

need advice for a great webserver system config

We are an HP and microsoft shop I need to design a new web server system. I am leaning to a new DL model with 2 external drive boxes that can house raid arrays in each that are mirroring each other

I dont know all the details but if anyone knows how to config a kick butt HP webserver running Server 2008 64 I would love any recommendations
Hers a pinch to grow an inch
2 REPLIES
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: need advice for a great webserver system config

Hey!

What kind of external drive boxes are you considering?

If you were to have for example two MSA60 boxes you would need to use OS mirroring/(shadowing?).

Or you can have drive boxes that support replication (EVA does synchronous and asynchronous). You may want to look into the HP Lefthand (p4000) or maybe the HP 3Par devices.

Or some kind of special software that can write to both arrays at the same time.

Microsoft Webserver - IIS then? If you need help in terms of configuring that then maybe best to ask in the Windows forum.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Re: need advice for a great webserver system config

I guess it depends on what you are hosting? IIS box should just have the web pages in a DMZ. SQL and Exchange should be in a trusted network in the domain and only packets are passed from IIS to these servers.