1753539 Members
5157 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: need help installing raid 1+0 on DL320 g5

richard antonio

need help installing raid 1+0 on DL320 g5

hi
i installed windows sbs 2003 r2 and i whanted to know if its posible to change my HDD setting into into raid 1+0 without losing data
can some one tell me what i need to do
and inside raid configuracion what option i need to select to replicate de data
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Do you have raid 0 now or?

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check attached document
page 5 where it says about creating a RAID level and the ways of doing it

page 6 says about creating RAID 1 with a HDD that already has data (Table 1) what I think you have to try RAID 1 method -> Build

Creating a RAID 1 array when you want to preserve data on an existing drive. If you select this option, you are asked to designate the source drive. The contents of the source drive are preserved and any data on the new drive is lost.

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check attached document
page 5 where it says about creating a RAID level and the ways of doing it

page 6 says about creating RAID 1 with a HDD that already has data (Table 1) what I think you have to try RAID 1 method --> Build

Creating a RAID 1 array when you want to preserve data on an existing drive. If you select this option, you are asked to designate the source drive. The contents of the source drive are preserved and any data on the new drive is lost.

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
khuyenht
Occasional Advisor

Hi all,
I have a question about the server ML370 G5, Now i have 5 SAS HDDs 72Gb ( 2 using RAID 0+1(Drive C ), and 3 SAS HDDs 72GB using RAID 5(Drive D ) ) now i want to increase the space of Drive D with 3 more SAS HDD 72GB without losing data(the data is SQL 2005 database ).
Please help me
Many thanks