1752747 Members
4840 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: no boot

no boot

Hi, I have a proliant dual 400 512mb ram when i powe up i get the power light flashing for a nano second the processor light does the same and then nothing else.
I recently bought this to add to my server farm and would like to get it working.
I have checked the wiring from the PSU cage to the daughter board and found a couple of anomolies firstly the connector from the psu to the daughter board looks to be incorrect as not all the pins are connected, also the led connector from the switch housing does not connect all the pins either, i am wondering if this is my problem ? I am searching for a schematic to no avail. can anyone help??
3 REPLIES 3
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Is 400 the model #, or the processor speed?

Assuming you're looking for info on the ProLiant 400, go to http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Enter ProLiant 400 under "support for your products" then click the >> button

Select ProLiant 400 on the next screen

Select Manuals under self help resources.

Here you will find the maintenance and service guides. This should answer your questions.

Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP

sorry, it is a compaq 1600 proliant with dual p2 400 cpu's what i have found is the wiring from the PSU backplane board going to the daughter board seems to be shy a few holes on the connector IE a 10 pin wiring harness going to a 14 pin terminal.
the problem I get is upon powering the machine up the power light blinks momentarily none of the PSU lights come on but the cpu l.e.d blinks and the fans give a very miniscule revolution, it appears that not enough power is being supplied. what I need is a wiring diagram to ascertain the correct pin outs etc
aphyr

Have you tried closing the case firmly? Some proliants require the case to be on in order to complete a ground connection. I've also had this problem with 2 out of 3 power supplies hooked in--you could try adding extra PSUs.