ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751843 Members
6014 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

no bootable drive even tho it is created.

ramiathp
Advisor

no bootable drive even tho it is created.

i have HP ProLiant DL320 G5 and started it up with smart start configured both the HDs as raid 1+0 and created 1 logical drive of the available maximum cpapacity 34GB first of all in array config page i have this meesage saying:the current array controller has one or more array accelerator batteries recharging " and that some expansion or migration options will not be available so i ignored it (as i know shouldnt be a problem) and proceeded to deploy OS but on deployment page i saw error msg that no bootable device / drove has been configured on this system!!!!! i deleted and recreated the logical n even the entire array from that bios based page as well (f8) but still same error on non existent bootable drive. same procedure was done on another similar server with no error.
any one got any idea??

thnx
6 REPLIES 6
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: no bootable drive even tho it is created.

First of all - what kind of controller do you have on the server? Is the boot order configured properly?

And about the error message - it depends on the controller, but the battery should be charged in maximum 48-72 hours.
ramiathp
Advisor

the controller is smart array E200, the boot order is ok the thing is that the raid and logical drive gets created successfully but then can not be seen or recognized by the controller since it says: no bootable drive configured on this system.
any1 knows if this could be related to the builtin raid controller or faulty hds??
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

which smartstart version are you using? 7.8?

where you get that error?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Ramiathp,

This can Also be possible if the Controller Firmware is not up-to-date.

Please use Firmware maintenance CD 7.9 To upgrade the Firmware.

Regards,
James.
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Look at your boot settings in your BIOS. My DL320 did not have the E200 as its default boot option, it had the onboard Intel. This caused exactly the issue you referred to.
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

The E200 controlled doesn't work without BBWC... if batteries are uncharged the BBWC is disable.. the Array creating is waiting for the batteries to fully recharge and this caould take up to 48 hrs.. if FW on the E200 is lates and 48hrs has passed then the battery must be replaced, once the battery is fully charged the BBWC will be enabled and all controller operations will be back to normal..