1748250 Members
3368 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: no storage controller found on DL580

gneck

no storage controller found on DL580

Dear all,

i have ProLiant DL580, 4x PIII XEON 700MGHz, 2x18,2GB and 2x36,4GB SCSI disks.

I'd like instal debian or ubuntu, but it don't see a disks - and in this page: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=341567тМй=cs&cc=cz&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=341566&taskId=135

is no drivers for my OS (storage controller)...and i don't know, how instal it.

plese help me..and can you show me step by step howto instal it

tks before
regards
6 REPLIES 6
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Do you boot your server with smartstart CD?

Regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
gneck

no, I have no CD for this server..I have to use all from net (drivers, linux...)

and I don't know, how do it...
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Debian and Ubuntu are not supported on this server. HP has not released drivers for the integrated SmartArray controller.
There's only drivers for RedHat, Suse and Caldera OpenLinux.
gneck

oh so, thanks..

it's problem:)
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Depending on which controller is in the system you need either the cciss or the cpqarray driver. I'm pretty sure most recent versions of Debian and I know recent Ubuntu versions have the cciss driver. Since it's not getting loaded I'd suspect you need the cpqarray driver. Both are open source drivers so you can get the code and compile the driver you need. Checkout opensource.hp.com. Find the link to the HP- sponsored open source projects and you will see links for both cciss and cpqarray.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
gneck

I tried new versions of Debian and Ubunto and nothink. I look for the drivers in opensource.hp.com - but it's same result.

I have a look for OS for DL580 - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=341567тМй=cs&cc=cz&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=341566&taskId=135 - and they aren't any free..

do you know same free diferent OS, please?