4057 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: offline upgrade fw on Blade Management Module

Carlos Rubio
Advisor

offline upgrade fw on Blade Management Module

Hello

Is it possible upgrade the Power Management Module Firmware before to install Windows on server blades?

How can I do it?

For me is very important, because I usually install only hardware (enclosures, blades, infrastructure) and I upgrade bios/firmware, but not operating systems (my customers do it), and when is necessary upgrade the management module, I might install Windows before.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

I'm not 100% sure, but
try to login on any iLO, go to the last page (i don't remember it name, possible Blade...). There is state of all power enclosures (if proper link between chassis have been established) and may be firmware upgrade link.
Carlos Rubio
Advisor

Ruslan, there isn't any link at rack view to upgrade firmware; on this area I only can to change names.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Move management module to running enclosure
Install one Hard Drive from one of the server of previous rack, Update all Modules. For Future keep one Drive for troubleshooting and Updates with good known configuration/Install and HP ProLiant BL rack upgrade utility
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Move management module to running enclosure or Install one Hard Drive from one of the server of previous rack, Update all Modules. For Future keep one Drive for troubleshooting and Updates with good known configuration/Install and HP ProLiant BL rack upgrade utility