New Discussion

Re: online addition of ERM to R5500XR UPS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

online addition of ERM to R5500XR UPS

Hello,

I would assume you can just connect an extension runtime module to the UPS and switch the ERM circuit breaker, or should there be any caveats?

Regards
Bernhard
5 REPLIES 5
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Bernhard,

The UPS R5500 XR is modular in design, and both the battery and the electronics modules are hot swappable.
HP UPSs are designed with simple access through the front panel. Users can safely install new batteries and even the electronics module without ever powering down connected server and server options.

Please note:
If you are hot-swapping the Electronics Module; To avoid dropping the load while hot-swapping the electronics module, press and hold the Test/Alarm Reset button while sliding the module into the chassis.

Hope this answers!!!!

Regards,
rmn
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Bernhard, please review User guide for ERM Installation and safety precaution. It wonâ t be hard once you read ERM portion.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065453/c00065453.pdf

With older UPS 3000 and down you would needed ERM Configurator; with 5500 you manage from front panel.
Just for Records for older UPS
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13383.html
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

Yeagh remember to do what was just listed otherwise you won't get the extended time, and yes you can use both, the front panel or the ERM config SW,(I prefer the SW)
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

It won't make any difference if you do it by SW or by HW... it's just a matter of time. The result will be the same.
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

case closed