3647 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: p-Class Blade Enclosure - BL25p - iLO

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bert Nijs

p-Class Blade Enclosure - BL25p - iLO

I've a "p-Class Blade Enclosure" with an enhanced backplan and 3 Bl25p blades installed.

I'm using an iLO connection to my blades to install my OS (VMware ESX).
BUT

It is only possbile to connect to 1 blade at a time via the iLO.
When I try to connect a second blade, "Page couldn't be displayed." and I ping "request timeout".

When I disconnect my blade, wait a couple of minutes, then I can connect another one... but only that one.

I've already changed the management module on the back of the blade enclosure, but the problem remain the same.

Where is the hub for the iLO ports located? Can this be changed or is it a complete new Blade Enclosure?
7 REPLIES 7
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Problem that you have more related to settings, firmware, your client system, network.

Less likely Hardware

Go to F8 on the every system and reset defaults
Than go trough Front dongle for each system and set Under Networking Settings IP for Standard Configuration Parameters
192.168.1.15 next 16, 17 (255.255.255.0) no gateway
Save allow count don't to finish and re-log console, after only disconnect cable
When all done with all three server pull every dongle from Front
Your Laptop connect directly to ILO port on the Management Module and try to log in one iLO to another from RACK VIEW "Launch ILO"
Firmware for Ilo recommended 1.75-1.84
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Bert Nijs

Thx for the procedure!
All work fine, till I connect the iLO blade back to our network switch.
Then we've got the same issue as before.

So, the problem is not at the Blade Enclosure side, but at the Cisco Catalyst 3560.

Speed/Duplex settings of the port didn't solve the problem.

Very strange problem... some a sugestion?
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Hi Bert,
I am a newbie in the blades trade so just need a bit of help, i have installed 11 blades in 2 enhanced enclosures due to some project completion deadline i did not get the time to look into few things in detail. i installed all these servers with the front dongle one by one. can u tell me that what is the ip of the management ilo port that is located on the back of the enclosure and how can i install os from there, is there anything that i need to install on my laptop, i have win 2000 professional on my laptop.
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Bert Nijs

When you are connected to the front, you can give your iLO an IP address in the "administration" - "Network" tab.
There you can specify all needed network settings, like IP, DNS,...

So, iLO settings are specified on the blade. All the iLO ports are connected via an internal hub to the management console.

Hope this will help you.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Bert Nijs

The switches were the iLO's are connected to where blocking multiple MAC's on 1 port!

Disabling this security feature, solved our problem.