108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: please help: PROLIANT ML350 G2 + LINUX RH8 + HARDWARE RAID

SOLVED
Go to solution
ivan_36

please help: PROLIANT ML350 G2 + LINUX RH8 + HARDWARE RAID

Good mornign to all kind forum members,
I am a bit new into this server model and linux, I was asked to create a hardware RAID level 5 , my configuration is ML350 with 3 SCSI DISK 36 giga, with a LINUX RH8 OS
How would you start?
What would be your steps to initially configure a HARDWARE RAID level 5 and after it RH8?
I already managed to make it software raid, but our chief want hardware version of it , for many reasons.
i have smart start 5.5 as documentation. Thank you in Advance for your help !
3 REPLIES 3
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

If you boot into SmartStart, you can choose Manual Install, and Pick Linux. From there, it will run the Array Configuration Utility which will help you set up your Raid array. After you do that, it will save the array, then tell you to put in your redhat CD. It will then reboot the server, and the rest of the install should go as usual.
ivan_36

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH !!!!!
I WILL DO !!!
Santiago Flores
Advisor

I have maked RAID with hardware in Proliant DL360 with SmartArray 5i, after i installed RedHat Linux 7.2, i had problems with partitions and i could not use "fdisk" to fix it because fdisk simply didn't work, i think that it is due a driver, you can find drivers in:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/

You can check if you have this problem using fdisk -l, if it doesn't show you anything, then probably tou have to install a driver.
Santiago Flores