6049 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

porliant Dl360 G9 how to make partition throw intelligent provisioning

moh24100
Advisor

porliant Dl360 G9 how to make partition throw intelligent provisioning

Hello,

we have HP server G9 DL360, i installed windows server 2008 R2 through intelligent provisioning
but did not allow me to select partition drive like (C: and D:)
please help me to slove this matter.

second thing when changing bios form UEFI mode to Lagecy mode the windows does not working.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
moh24100
Advisor

Re: porliant Dl360 G9 how to make partition throw intelligent provisioning

another thing :

how can make server boot form  USB Drive in UEFI Mode?

please try to help me.

thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: porliant Dl360 G9 how to make partition throw intelligent provisioning

@moh24100 wrote:

Hello,

we have HP server G9 DL360, i installed windows server 2008 R2 through intelligent provisioning
but did not allow me to select partition drive like (C: and D:) 

When in the OS selction screens you need to select custom. This will allow you to size your boot partion.  Depending on how you configure your drives/arrays/logical drives you will need to configure additional storage after Windos is installed.

Also 2008 R2 requires UEFI optimised boot to be disabled.  Refer to the HP UEFI Deployment Guide for HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers
http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=7829634&docId=emr_na-c04565930&docLocale=en_US

@moh24100 wrote:

second thing when changing bios form UEFI mode to Lagecy mode the windows does not working. 

UEFI and Legacy BIOS use different bootloaders. The system will only boot under teh mode the intallation was done under, you can not switch back and forth between modes.

@moh24100 wrote:

another thing : how can make server boot form  USB Drive in UEFI Mode? 

The USB drive must have the UEFI boot files installed.

THis article and links in the article discuss creating UEFI bootable Windows installation media

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2013/04/02/microsoft-deployment-toolkit-2012-update1-media-deployment-usb-drive-for-uefi-computer.aspx

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!