1753543 Members
5447 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: post error 212 processor 2 failed

hassanov
Frequent Visitor

post error 212 processor 2 failed

hi everybody, I have proliant server  whith windows server 2008 R2  I got post Error 212 processor 2 failed during the boot Process,after that the server is lighting red but starting windows normally, the server has ILO 2 Management Processor, please provide me with any solution to eliminate this error, and tell me if there is a way to disable dynamic Power capping in DL380 Servers

thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

For 212 processor error, try updating the iLO 2 firmware and reboot.

If that does not fix the error, there could be issue with processor or slot itself.

Swap Processor 1 to Slot 2 and vice versa, you will come to know if the issue is with processor or slot.

For Dynamic power capping settings see this link:

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=mmr_kc-0104638

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

hassanov
Frequent Visitor

hi

thank you sir for you reply, another question i have, actualy it is strange problem ,  by the way i did ilo 2 firmware upgrade but the issue not fixed, now as you know this server has two processors, so if i ignored the error, will the server stop responding in the future ? please advice me because it is our database server.

best regards 

waaronb
Respected Contributor

The last DL380 G6 firmware update was from last July... I have it installed on all of my own DL360 and DL380 G6 models (4 or 5 of them) and haven't seen any problems.

If you don't reboot your servers too often (after all, you just recently updated the firmware from 9 months ago or so) then it could be simply that the processor was getting a little iffy, and the reboot for the firmware update happened to bring that out.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen everything on some system running smoothly, and then I rebooted and it all blew up. Last time was on a Juniper firewall... that was annoying (memory decided to die when I rebooted after an OS update).