1748259 Members
3621 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

'press f1 to continue'

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

'press f1 to continue'

We seem to have a problem with this systems raid controller, I posted this in the Storage Array forum. It's PCI Bus Error (Slot 6, Bus 3, Device 6, Function 0) It kills the system immediately, without any other trail in the event log. After this it tries to reboot. However, because it was a critical error, right after the attempted reboot it asks to press F1 on the consule to continue. This system is in a dedicated computerroom, so this is a major nuisance. How can I make sure it ALWAYS reboots, even after a POST error?
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: 'press f1 to continue'

Desactivate F1 prompt in Bios
F10 with CTRL +A for Advanced mode , then option 1 / option 1 again then option 3 view modify details

Vic
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Well, I tried... Turns out that we don't have the system partition thal allow you to access the BIOS directly. So we booted the 4.90 smart start CD, got to the system settings, and pressed CNTRL A all over the place. With no result.

Where did we go wrong? Is this different when it's done from the smartstart CD?

Any insights appreciated!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

you need to get in to the bios....F9 after scsi bus check. Then select advanced options and F1 options (I think) you can then disable the F1 prompt from there.