ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753764 Members
4681 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problem about HBA when installing RedHat Linux 4.0 on DL580.

stephen peng
Valued Contributor

problem about HBA when installing RedHat Linux 4.0 on DL580.

dear all,
i have installed RedHat Linux 4.0 on DL580, and i have run PSP for Linux, but the HBA did not seem working in a right way, and the light's status on the san switch was also not in a correct way, i also could not see the HBA's WWN on the EVA4000's SMA. i want to know what should i do to configure the HBA on Linux installed on DL580, or which part of PSP for Linux i should install, and after that installation, what should i do the next to make the HBA fuction correctly. (the HBA's description was: Emulex Light Pulse PCI fibre channel HBA)
thanks for your reply.
2 REPLIES 2
KisShore
Advisor

Hi stephen,

The which you configred, is it HP recommended card, If so try to install on the other slot,As you said once PSP installaed,the driver suppose to be loaded.

Regards,
Kishore
Bharath_Pingali
Trusted Contributor

The Os distro should have a basic driver for Emulex. This should enable you to see the WWN of the HBA on the switch.

The latest PSP can be downloaded from the link below.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/1116_4081.html

If you like to install just the HBA driver, download the driver from this link below.
(HP supported HBA)

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23857.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

As the HBA hasn├в t logged into the switch with the basic driver. I would recommend starting your debug from your HBA. Like checking cables, HBA port├в ┬ж..

Check your /var/log/message file for problems.

The status of the port on the switch can shed some light.

After the driver installation and reboot, run hp_rescan ├в a.

Best of luck
Bharath