1751701 Members
5150 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problem with ATI ES1000 onboard graphic card driver

Mathieu Polard

problem with ATI ES1000 onboard graphic card driver

Hi all,

I've a HP Proliant DL360 G5 with this graphic card onboard and Windows 2003 Enterprise server with SP2.

When I update the driver, I have problem with network ressource (GPO, share, etc...). I can't access them anymore.

But if I return with the Microsoft Default VGA driver, I don't have any problem.

I tried all these versions of the driver with always the same result:

v.6.14.10.6744 (B) (9 Jul 2008)
v.6.14.10.6744 (31 Mar 2008)
v.6.14.10.6553 (9 Sep 2005) (initial release)

I also try with the /videobase parameter in the boot.ini file. If the ES1000 drivers are not load, I don't have any problem.

This happens only on one server. I tried it on many other server with same materials and os and i don't have any problem.

So I think that the graphic card is defective. I've to change the motherboard.

Have you any ideas..... cause its a really weird problem.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Alfonso_Rey

Hi dude,
I've a similar issue with Windows 203 Server with SP2 and a DL320 G6. In my case, OS only recognize 8MB of video memory but we could solve it with W03 64bits version.

One cuestion Mathieu, your OS shows all video memory or only a part of it??

On the other hand, we could face some problems with IRQ's... I'll update you with results...

Thanks.
Mathieu Polard

I found the solution last year.

It was a combination of 3 elements:

- ATI ES100 drivers installed
- More than 16gigs memory
- /3GB parameter in the boot.ini file

If one of these elements is not present, there is no problem to access network ressource.

So I removed the /3gb parameter in the boot.ini file.
Alfonso_Rey

This DL320 G6 have installed 2 Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Xeon with 4Gb of RAM memory and boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut

And video driver Version: 6.14.10.6746

And I'm still not able to see my 32MB of video memory?

Thanks
Mathieu Polard

When i did a dxdiag on my server, in the display tab, the total memory is unavailable. I don't know why!

Maybe the driver is not the best

But it doesn't cause any problem on my server. And i don't think that the video memory is really important on a server.

Thank you
Alfonso_Rey

If you don't mind, could you please upload the video driver you've installed? As you may know, there're some server applications demanding with video memory... have you ever heard about Automation SW??
Software designed to be installed in a server with specific HW requirements...that's my nightmare!

Thanks