ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748213 Members
2926 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: problem with management card ProLiant ML110 G5 LO100 Integrated Remote Console

SOLVED
Go to solution
Natxo Asenjo

problem with management card ProLiant ML110 G5 LO100 Integrated Remote Console

hi,

we have a ML110 G5 with a LO100 management card. The card has been working nicely but now I cannot use the lights out functionality and log in the console. I get a java error :
"remote kvm/media
Message: invalid username/password. You have been disconnected"

I am pretty sure the username/passwd combination is correct (I have just reset it and could login the BMC web interface with it) but I keep getting the error.

This happens with winxp pro or fedora linux, same error. I have deleted the java cache from the client, no change.

Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
ab_server
Frequent Advisor

Re: problem with management card ProLiant ML110 G5 LO100 Integrated Remote Console

Hi.

Have you tried flashing the BIOS and upgrading the LO100 Firmware ?
SVOLLER

Did you ever get a fix for this, I have the same error on a DL180G5 with a LO100C installed.

I also get terrible performance with the KVM feature on the latest DL180G6
magoontimbaland
Solution

Not sure if this is a universal fix but worked for me on a DL180G5.

ssh as an admin into the ILO interface.

show map1 license
(just to play it safe and copy down the key)
reset map1 license

Session will then hang.

Log back into the web utility and the KVM feature should now work.
Natxo Asenjo

I have finally gotten it to work, but not through the web interface.

First I downloaded the mahogany.jar java applet with wget:

$ wget 'http://ip.of.ilo.card/mahogany.jar' --user=admin --password=pwd

and after that, I run it from a shell from my desktop:

$ java -jar mahogany.jar

You get a window with 3 fields: remote kvm/media server, user name and password. In the remote kvm media server just fill in the ip address of the ilo card and user/pwd is obvious. And then it works.

This is really stupid. The web interface has worked until recently and with the same java runtime environment it does not work in it but it does when run from a shell. Go figure.
Natxo Asenjo

magoontimbaland:

Thanks, your instructions worked as well! I could not slogin the ilo card, I had to telnet into it but after resetting the license I could use the kvm web interface again.

Where do you find the info about the shell in the card?
Erwin Rivera_1

Hi all the extract the mahogany.jar works so i get the remote access but not the remote media any ideas please?
Ralph Frampton
Frequent Advisor

This solution does not work for our DL180 G6 LO100 with the Invalid Username/Password issue.

While I was able to SSH into the non-functioning KVM LO100, access to the KVM was not restored after resetting the map1 license.

I suspect the problem with losing KVM functionality began when the server was moved from it's staging environment into it's production location. The IP addresses of the server's main NIC's & it's LO100 were both changed at that time.

I have another server in the staging environment with temporary IP's & functioning LO100 KVM that will soon also be moved into it's permanent production location. If the KVM breaks as a result with no other changes than getting new IP addresses then I'll know for sure what caused the issue.

It's annoying to have paid HP good $$$ for KVM functionality on these sub-par LO100's since they are significantly less usable (eg. no AD integration) than our older servers with ILO2's! If the LO100 KVM continue to break when we change IP's & cannot be fixed then we may not be purchasing any more LO100 Advanced licenses in future as it appears to be a waste of money compared to what we can do with ILO2's!