im having a little problem whit my server computer its a proliant 1600r
i have power throu out the server comp
and the front screen works well
the only thing is that
it stays at this point and dont boot nor move

compaq lcd
model # 56022
lcd firmware 1.9

i cant get it to boot up or nothing els afther that i hade it working right about 2 days ago booting and every thing but then i opened it up to add something and since then it seems to freez up at this point .. power on but no boot or system inisialisation
i took the piece that i added out but i still get the same thing ... any idea's on how i can fix that ??
17 REPLIES 17
David_971
Advisor

Re: problem with proliant 1600r

The 1600 can be tempremental if you fiddle about in there. Just try to reseat the psu and the smart array controller.
terry daigle
Occasional Advisor

tks for the help but i have reseated the smart aray meny times and also tried diffrent slots ... and for some reason i still get the same problem as for the psu i have not touched ... in other words i dont think that would be the case of my problems but just in case i have reseated it to but still no sucsess
terry daigle
Occasional Advisor

if of any help ... all the little lights on my smart aray are green exept the 2 last ones that are closer to the back there yellow..
David_971
Advisor

ok, have you tried reseting the jumpers on the system board? Could be static/hand grease on a voltage regulator. Does the server beep at all?
terry daigle
Occasional Advisor

not a sound ...
terry daigle
Occasional Advisor

ok i got something new ... about the smart aray i moved it to the fisrt slot the lights on it are changed for the first second i hade 4 lights open green then gradualy 5 moure went green but the rest stayed closed
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

I would check the connections on to the mini SCSI backplane board (where the CPU board and I/O board are plugged in). Especially the cables from the power supply to that board. Do you have a single power supply, or the cage with 3 power supplies?

Regards,
Stephen
terry daigle
Occasional Advisor

a single big one
David_971
Advisor

It is very rare that the array controller is faulty. Our server enginner has only had 1 array controller fail in over 20 years. From what I remember, even without an array controller it should still turn on because you can have software arrays. Has this server got anything important on it (data)? I would try the jumpers if your getting no joy out of it.