1748275 Members
3675 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problem with proliant 1600r

terry daigle
Occasional Advisor

no data realy right now well nothing important that is ... its holding a couple of hosted data trou out this place but i have a backup.... learnt to keep one at all times
David_971
Advisor

So when you push the power button, what happens? is the LED orange or green? Do the LED's on the hard disks light up? do the hard drives spin up? Is the CD-Rom tray opperable? What did you actually put in the machine when it was working?
terry daigle
Occasional Advisor

yes the hard drive react when i turn the server comp on but like i said a at the biegining the every thing seems to have power and they pretty mutch all react on power on the only thing i dont seem to get is boot up and system startup ... in other words it stais stuck on the

compaq lcd
model # 56022
lcd firmware 1.9

on the little front screen ....
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Terry, try this:
1. Bring System, down, pull Power Cable OUT
2. Press and hold power switch, about 7 seconds
3. Pull any additional SCSI or any other PCI cards
4. Pull Out Memory and CPU
5. Disconnect IMD (LCD)
6. Press and hold Power Switch for another 5-7 seconds
7. Add back CPU and Memory; add memory only minimum at that point.
8. Keep all Optional PCI Cards OUT for Now
9. Connect Power Cable and Power Up server
Server should came up, once again if there no faulty components, it will be back, only one thing: add all Optional or Additional Components back one at time and Power up, check it firstly, 1600 might experience internal Power Lock if you add/remove components, without discharging Circuit completely.
terry daigle
Occasional Advisor

it did not work ...
i tryed it 2 times but nothing ... btw after unpluging the lcd do i plug it back after ??
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Connect LCD back, see from module how fare it go during boot Process, does it count Memory, CPU, Devices? Normally you should see all these step, along no Video (if problem only with Video Chipset). Had you ever replaced CPU or any other components different than original, what device you used, where after all suddenly happened? Had you look Jumpers? There is few small cables that connected to I/O and Processor Cage backplane. You tried single CPU? You might need additional Processor Cage for TEST, and few others components.
David_971
Advisor

Ok, I had a proliant 1600 out today and would not boot. I reseated the entire tray that contains all the pci/isa slots and it worked. This might seem daft but after a configuration change and powering up the proliant 1600 it took over 5mins to show the red proliant text - are you leaving it powered on long enough?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

There is no needs to keep it powered, no difference. Rarely it might take up to 5 min, usually 2-3 min. till Logo show up, sometimes you might see Logo only and no changes, additional reset would help especially for cages, discharge and let it stand for few minutes without cable connected. NVRAM switch can be used also. I have few of these at home with same problem prior complete install, after all set - it's rock.