7681 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: prolaint storage enclosure not responding

m.harichander

prolaint storage enclosure not responding

Hi luis ,

Errot code:1775 slot 1 drive array - prolaint storage enclosure not responding

SCSI port 1 - Check the power cables.......

The same problem i received ,when i boot my server ml350.There are two ports one is internal port 2 which is connected with controller and external is connected with Hp DLT auto loader. i receive the error and auto loader is not detected in windows 2000 server. pls provide me the solution
1 REPLY 1
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Re: prolaint storage enclosure not responding

1775-Slot X Drive Array - ProLiant Storage System Not Responding SCSI Port Y:
...Check storage system power switch and cables. Turn the system power off while checking the ProLiant power and
Cable connections then turn the system power back on to retry.
Audible Beeps: None
Possible Cause: Storage system problem detected. A SCSI enclosure seems to be connected to the
Specified SCSI bus, but no drives or SCSI backplane processor were detected on this bus.
Action:
1. Power down the server.
2. Check the external ProLiant power switch. External drives must all be powered up before the main
System is.
3. be sure the cables are connected properly and securely.
4. Update the storage device to the latest firmware version ("Firmware maintenance" on page 77).
5. If the problem persists, replace the cable, backplane, or Smart Array Controller.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00300504/c00300504.pdf page 136

Which G is your server? Check the maintenance and service guide for the cabling, use the Support & Troubleshooting link from the hp.com website, for
Firmware use the Software & Driver Downloads from hp.com