ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745842 Members
4407 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

proliant 1600 startup fail

Salomon Gurrola

proliant 1600 startup fail

I have an proliant 1600 6/500 running with netware 4.2. One week ago it begin to restart automatically with message of memory fail, after that begin to delay in restart. Some time show me a memory simm parity error ando not start until it wants (turn of and turn on several times). I upgrade the bios and startup and it begin to work, but now it fail again, I have new memory cards but the server not want to startup. What I can do???
Hello, Always I need help
3 REPLIES 3
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor

Re: proliant 1600 startup fail

Hi Salomon

Did you install the compaq memory and did you try running diagnostic on the memory. If the diag pass you might want to run diag on the processor and if still having problems then hardware replacement will be next. But you might want to stip the server down to its minimun and use one stick of memory and see if it boot up.

take care
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor

Hi Salomon,
me again try running the SCU utility. Maybe the bios need to reconnized the new memory configuration. If you dont have the system partition install you can run it and you can get it from the URL: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/31_1126.html
Salomon Gurrola

Dear Claude Boileau :

I try to do this things, but at first it work fine with only one simm but after like 10 hours it begin to reset again, then now it's worse. I'd load not only an actualization of bios but for software for startup, it work fine, same as when I take off one simm, but again at a while it begun to reset. It restar three or four times more and after that, it fail.

Now it not start in none way. When I turn on the switch it turn on the power light after few seconds, turn on the ligts in hard disk (3), the CD and the tape (3 first, and secuence later and finishing with the last ligth on) but it stop all process here, the monitor remains without signal, the hard disk not work, the server is dead. It remember mi the fault of low CPU batery in normal PC, What is your recomdation?, Throw it? To fix my problem I'd mount a Dell PC like server while I can start up the server. Please suggest what to do.
Hello, Always I need help