cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proliant 1600.. stoopid question

ranzulu
Occasional Contributor

proliant 1600.. stoopid question

how can i access the bios? whenever i try to press F10 it tells me that there's no partition for the diagnostics.. please help.. trying to set it that it would boot from the cdrom drive.

thanks much!
5 REPLIES
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: proliant 1600.. stoopid question

Hello Ranzulu,
Since you dont have a system partition you need to boot from the configuration diskettes which you can create by downloading SP19619 from the folowing web site:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html
Once you create the diskettes then cold boot the system with diskette No 1 which will ask you to update system partition or Not to update system partition. You select do not update partition and that way the utility will run from the diskettes. You will have access to the BIOS.

Regards,
ranzulu
Occasional Contributor

cool!! hey is there anyway to put it back on the partition? so i don't have to use the floppy?

thanks again!!
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Ranzulu,
If you have setup OS already then you cannot put the system partition. If not then ofcourse you can boot with the smart start CD and run the assisted configuration.

Regards,
ranzulu
Occasional Contributor

does copying the files from disk 1 to a cd. will that make the cd bootable to re-create the partition? i accidentally set it to cd first and then the hard drive. instead of cd, a: , c:

so sorry.. really appreciate all of your help..

THANK YOU!!!!!
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

That will not create a bootable CD. The easiest is to unplug the hard drive cable from the controller, make sure there is no bootable CD in the drive and put the diskette in the floppy drive. That way it can't boot from the CD (there isn't one), can't boot from the hard drive (there isn't one) so it has to boot from the floppy.