1752812 Members
5927 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

proliant 1850r

John M._3
Occasional Contributor

proliant 1850r

I purchased a compaq 1850r. I get no boot when I turn it on. I have two 9.1 gb scsi drives in 0 and 1. When I turn it on, all drive flash and I get no video on boot up. Just a blank screen. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Chanler Childs
Frequent Advisor

Re: proliant 1850r

Does it have a Remote Insight board installed? (You'll see another video port in an expansion slot)

Otherwise, I'd check and make sure everything is seated. (ram, cpu, vrm, etc)
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello John,
Just reseat the CPU and memory. Also please make sure all the boards are sitting in securely and cables are plugged in. Please let me know as to how you make out.

Regards,
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

I would check the PCI riser board that it is seated all the way down. You can unscrew the to screws on the metal brace and reseat it. I've also had luck putting pressure on the brace and pressing firmly to get the card to move. If you look at the server from the side - you might notice the contacts showing. There is some adjustment in the bracket/board combo if it is too bad.
rolando_6

I have the same problem. Did you find a fix for this issue?
thanks!
Jonathan Steffan

I am also having this issue. I have reseated everything. I have swaped in and out known working parts (PPMs, Procs, RAM.) I am running diskless right now. Just want a POST. System accesses the CD-ROM drive. All LEDs green. All fans run. No expansion cards. Have tried a known good video card, disabling on board video via jumper set one (System Configuration Settings.) Running pretty much bare bones. Have tried all proc configurations (one, two, etc.) Any ideas? Thanks in advance.