cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proliant 2500 won't shutdown

rick fredricksen
Occasional Advisor

proliant 2500 won't shutdown

Box is running win nt 4.0 sp6a. I was moving a 43000kb file from one disk to another and windows explorer quit responding. I ended the task via task mgr and went to do a shutdown of the box. NT splash screen appeared and said to wait while it wrote unsaved data to disk like it always does prior to a shutdown. The unsaved data prompt disapearred but the splash screen is still there and the box has not shut down; it has been over an hour.

The bottom green lights on all 3 disks are solid green and the middle lights on all 3 disks are flashing green, and I can hear disk activity... but there is no way it should be taking this long for the machine to shut down. It usually shuts down in a matter of seconds.

I am reluctant to power off the machine while the disks are showing activity.

Any ideas?
TIA
2 REPLIES
rick fredricksen
Occasional Advisor

Re: proliant 2500 won't shutdown

I just left the box go and it finally shut down and rebooted. This is the info from the event log:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004d (0x0000b0b2, 0x0000bf2d, 0x00000000, 0x0000c395). Microsoft Windows NT [v15.1381]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\MEMORY.DMP.

TIA for any help
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: proliant 2500 won't shutdown

Sound like memory leak or some services stop unexpectedly and cause system hung
check Microsoft KB for 0x4D