7325 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant 3000 rh enterprise 4 dual cpu

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc_134

proliant 3000 rh enterprise 4 dual cpu

Good day, I have recently purchased this server (tower version). I have 2 cpu's pll 450 512 cache, and at boot i see both cpu's being initialized.
After installing rh ent4, (smp 2.6 kernel), and reviewing kernel logs, i see that cpu #2 is never brought up, the message is: smp motherboard not found..." the os boots, and everything is functional, but i really want to get the 2nd cpu going.
When i hit f10 at boot to choose OS, the choice I have is "Unixware sco... 386" which i choose, as it's the closest choice to what I wish to install.
I am getting lost in the drivers download page, does this machine even support dual cpu with this OS?
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

have you tried booting the System Configuration Utility?
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

This should allow you to change the OS setting of the server to Linux.

Regards,
Stephen
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

I'd recommend running the system configuration utility, which Stephen recommended. Once you run this, press ctrl A and the main menu, configure hardware, view or edit details, find the advanced options (~1/3 of the way down) and change the apic mode to either full tabled or full table mapped.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Marc_134

Thanks for the tips. Stephan, yes I have that version installed, I was getting confused because a straight up Linux choice is not shown, have to choose SCO UNIX V/386.
Terry, that did it! Enabled APIC full-tabled, reinstalled OS, and yahoo! now I have both cpu's active!
Thanks to you both!
Marc_134

enabled APIC full tabled in BIOS advance options.