1753844 Members
7272 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant 3000

johnny stewart
Occasional Advisor

proliant 3000

I just upgraded from 300 to a 333 and not it only see one processor I have cleared the setup and re done it and even changed the processors to different slots and it still can not get processor 2?
12 REPLIES 12
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Johnny,
Did you install the processor power module as well?? Have you tried swapping the CPU no 2 with CPU no 1 and see if that works?? How about the system bios??

Regards,
johnny stewart
Occasional Advisor

Yep tried all that. the mod was there with the other 300 were there and the worked fine
johnny stewart
Occasional Advisor

It will find the processor but only can use one. The other has a error that is is wrongly configured and it has failed
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Johnny,
Please run the system configuration utility if you have not run already. There is a possibility that either the CPU or the slot has failed.

Regards,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Johnny,
Please check this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252326&Product=win2000

Please let me know if this applies to you.

Regards,
johnny stewart
Occasional Advisor

No windows is not the problem. The slots are fine they both work with 300. I have tried the 333 each by them selves in slot one and they work.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Johnny,
The only other thing I can think of is the different stepping on the 333 Mhz CPUs. If two PII 300 MHz work then it should not be any different for PII 333. Can you confirm the part nos on both of 333 MHz cpus.

Regards,
johnny stewart
Occasional Advisor

The 333 are the same however they are not the same as the 300.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Johnny,
What's the FSB on your PII 333 CPUs?? Or rather I should ask as to what do you mean by that they are different then the PII 300 CPUs.

Regards,