7531 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant 360 g4 and red hat server 3 as

stagos
Occasional Advisor

proliant 360 g4 and red hat server 3 as

hi everybody

ok i want to install this os on my server but when i want boot with it it don't found the scsi driver ( 320 ) cause i have yet test with scsi160 and there is no problem red hat have the driver but not for 320 i think

what are the reals possibles solutions ???

thx in advence

5 REPLIES 5
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The built in SmartArray 6i controller isn't recognised by early versions of RedHat 3 AS (base release and Update 1. Not sure about Update 2)

You'll need to download the ISOs for either Update 3 or Update 4 from RedHat's site, or provide an update driver floppy during the install - assuming your server has got a floppy drive...

Cheers,

Rob
stagos
Occasional Advisor

hi
ok i test with the rhes 2.1 and the driver disk on the hp site it's ok the smart array controller 6.i is ok and the hard disk 320 scsi
is ok too

i make the same thing for rhas 3.0 with the driver disk wich coreespond on the hp site ( i try with the driver 2.1 too but no way )
and nothing to do

i search on red hat but only update driver in module rpm not in driver disk

someone have the same pro.... ( no i see wich ya ) someone have a good solution ???????

thx everybody
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

This issue has been discussed in this forum before, the reason the OS cannot see the harddrive is becuase thereis no in-built driver for the smart array on the OS cd.
You need to download the Smart array driver ,you can check here
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/10770.html
the same place has the driver floppy creating instructions.
Once the floppy is created you need to provide the driver during the start of the install, that would prompt to insert the driver on the floppy drive,once it reads that then the disks will start to show up.
IMPORTANT:The Array needs to be created before the OS install is started.
Only use the Kernel release version mentioned in the smart array driver page since it would have been tested only with that.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

HGN
stagos
Occasional Advisor

ok i want install rheas 3 no winnt the link u purpose me it's for win nt4 ??? and if it's just for notify me to upgrade the driver for the smart array i well understand that and i found the good on the hp site the Driver diskette image for ProLiant Linux (x86) driver for Smart Array 6i, 64xx, 5i, 53xx Series controllers for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3(x86)
at this url http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22017.html
i was try yet all but nothing work

where and how install the good driver disk for the controller smart array 6.i for the red hat enterprise as 3 ??

who have yet succes to install this os on proliant 360 g4 ( in real not on teory ) ???

stagos
Occasional Advisor

ok the only way for install this on proliant is to take the update os from red hat

impossible with the HGN's way don't loose ur time to try to download and install somes ipotetik driver for smart array only one work fine and it's for 2.1 not 3

i repeat the only way to install red hat as es or ws enterprise 3 on proliant 360 g4 is to check the update pack cds ( version 3 or 4 )

for found this cds (4) u must have an customer account with red hat and he'll give a link for donwload

perhaps this can help