cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proliant 7000 video upgrade?

adam frasier
Occasional Visitor

proliant 7000 video upgrade?

i've tried to upgrade the video card in this proliant with 2 different pci cards, a radeon 7000 and a geforce 4mx 400, both cards will get video, but then my raid controller doesnt post(smart array 53xx), wondering what else i can do but switch the onboard video off, which i've done and it does nothing. ALSO is it possible to make the machine boot from an ide hard drive, i know in teh sys config, it says that you can not use hard drives.

please let me know

thank you

adam
2 REPLIES
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: proliant 7000 video upgrade?

Well first is probably the Interupt used by the card is the same as the RAID card. I think the RAID carn can be configured to select an interupt. Or you can try and move the cards PCI slots, that also may cause an update of the Interupts used.
The onboard IDE controller does not have the BIOS to handle most hard drives. You would need to add an additional IDE controller card, a better qualtity on like the Adaptec, that is ment to be an add-in device and gives you a way to configure the BIOS at POST, to control how the card boots.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
adam frasier
Occasional Visitor

Re: proliant 7000 video upgrade?

well i cant figure out how to change the raid's interrupt thats whats driving me so nuts, i heard that alt+a or something to that effect in the sysconfig would let me check advanced settings, tried that, no dice, didnt do a thing, then i tried hitting f6 for the resources, says they cant be changed, its a smart array 53xx, any clues?