108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: proliant DL380 G7 BIOS flahed now behaves like a G6

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dax-Xavier
Occasional Contributor

proliant DL380 G7 BIOS flahed now behaves like a G6

OK, I am new to this discussion, but have a query, have 8 Proliant DL380 G7's, and was in the process of updating the BIOS, (original is p67 05-05-2011, and the newer is p67 05-08-2015 from the spp 17 04 20 dvd) when i noticed that on reboot, the logo screen and startup sequence not behaves and looks like a dl380 g6, the thermal calibration screen is gone and the fans start off much higher, it does still say that the BIOS is p67, but looks like the p62, any ideas on this matter would be helpful, would like to get them back to the quieter g7, considering that i have only updated 2 of the machines, am hesitant to do the others if the result will be the same. of course if i cannot get it back to the older or correct bios i will more than likely have to replace the machine, and skip the bios updates.. anyway, thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can render.

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

SPP 2017.04 has BIOS version

for the DL380 G7. Don't really care about P67, this is the BIOS family, not a version.

It is either

cp028139.exe

or

hp-firmware-system-p67-2015.08.16-1.1.i386.rpm

The DL380 G6 version is

so I wonder what happened.

If you go to the BIOS settings, there is an option to swap ROM, this makes the older version of the BIOS active, this I would try next.

see

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/How-to-boot-DL385-with-the-Backup-ROM/td-p/3867700

Once in BIOS, you should also check "serial number" and "product ID" if this matches your system.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Dax-Xavier
Occasional Contributor

OK, thanks for the info, of course the question remains: how to get the other rom back to the original, i created a backup of the rom using a univeral bios backup utility, but not sure how to restore it without bricking the machine, or is there a utility to copy the backup rom to the primary,  HP is being very mum on the subject. so if anyone out there knows the best way to accomplish this, please let  me know, and thanks again for the info

thanks so much again and happy Labour Day

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

the older bios is still installed, just activate it, see link above

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Dax-Xavier
Occasional Contributor

Oddly enough, i think i have uncovered the issue, apparently this issue appear after updating the BIOS when there is an optional video card installed. once removed, the splash screen comes up normally, on the older version of the BIOS, this did not occur, so i guess i am left with a choice at this point, to leave the embedded video, or live with the different logo screen, or downgrade back to the original 2009 BIOS,  but at least we know now, and thanks to all of you who posted info here.

have a great weekend all.

DAX