108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant dl120 g5 video drivers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Catalin Ionita

proliant dl120 g5 video drivers

Hi,

i'm trying to install Xp Pro on the above mentioned server, at the request of some cheap clients i have (they don't want to spend more money on a proper Windows Server license).
I've already found the hp forum thread containing the lan driver link and that works just fine, but i haven't been able to locate a valid video driver for it. I've been searching for two days now, tried every possible word arrangement on Google, about 15 different drivers from as many sites, nothing. Best thing that happens is the driver gets installed and, at the next boot, windows freezes and then restarts.
So please, if anyone knows of a driver, mod or anything at all, help! :D
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Thry these two driver options,

One is from the HP workstation blades (Can you tell if the DL120 G5 has ATI or Nvidia graphics?)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3355017&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3355016&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093

The other is the windows2003 32 bit server driver (In most cases 32 bit server drivers work on XP)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3683233тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3683232&taskId=135
Catalin Ionita

From what i can see here, it's got a Matrox ServerEngines G200 integrated chip. I hope i've got it right.
I've tried the 2003 Server drivers, they install somewhat ok, but at reboot, the system moves almost frame-by-frame, like a video game on a very old graphics card.
Thanks for the quick reply.
TTr
Honored Contributor

TTr
Honored Contributor

Catalin Ionita

i've already tried all of the matrox site drivers, tried your suggestion just now, it doesn't work.
Catalin Ionita

hey, thanks for everything... still no success. i'll just keep searching.