6771 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant dl360 g1 wont power up

hoppie

proliant dl360 g1 wont power up

hi
im running a website off my dl360 g1 and net server

running it at home both of them booting up at the same time off the same un-surge protected power supply.
the dl360 psu went bang!!
so i purchased a new psu plugged it in the psu fans working and and all lights on the server light up but when i press the power button it doesn't power up i was wondering if theres a easily solved problem or if the mobos gone

thank you very much
tom
5 REPLIES 5
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Perhaps the voltage regulation module is broken. Usually this is a small replaceable circuit board with capacitors next to the processor. But to be honest I'm not sure if a DL360G1 uses these replaceable boards.
Saberus
Valued Contributor

The DL360G1 does use VRMs. We've recently gotten rid of one, and IIRC, the VRMs for the DL360G2 are identical.
hoppie

thanks for the feedback but im still stuck
i cant seem to find the voltage regulator module and its still not powering up im completely out of ideas it must be time to chuck out the old and bring in a g5
Saberus
Valued Contributor

There are a few vendors out there that specialize in older hardware.

If you are looking for an upgrade, I'd recommend a DL360G4p with the SCSI option, it can still take the current drives in your G1, so you don't lose data if you don't have backups.

If you do have backups, the G5 is a very nice machine and would give you plenty of power for the price point.

Either model will have a potentially higher power draw, so make sure you're not maxed out on the power already.
Samuel Kingdon
Occasional Advisor

Mine wouldn't boot after I had the lid off. I found out that it was because the cagey thing for the ILO card was loose. i had to ensure that everything was tight and in place and then it worked!