108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant ml 115 g5 connected to a t750 ups doesn't boot

SOLVED
Go to solution
frinchis
Occasional Contributor

proliant ml 115 g5 connected to a t750 ups doesn't boot

Hi all. I've connected a Proliant ML115 G5 Opteron server to a HP T750 G2 UPS and have installed the corresponding software on the server (w2003) for it to shutdown the server automatically when neccesary. For that reason I've connected both by an USB cable. The problem is that when, for any reason, the server has to be restarted it refuses to boot, emitting a series of low beeps, until I unplug the UPS USB cable. The boot procedure stops before any BIOS screen, so it is not an OS related issue. No matter what I switch ON or OFF into the BIOS the problem remains. So I have to unplug USB cable, boot the server and then plug that cable again. Not very practical, as you may imagine.

Any clue out there?
2 REPLIES 2
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

The server probably t ries to boot from the USB path.

Check the BIOS and verify that USB devices do not have higher boot priority than the hard disk. If you don't see that option in the BIOS, you probably need to upgrade the BIOS.

Your problem is similar to (if not the same as) this one

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=emr_na-c01135177
frinchis
Occasional Contributor

That is what I thought of in the first place, but I didn't consider the option to update the BIOS. This is what I'll do (the only problem is that the server is 100 Km away from here).
Thx for your tip.