1752580 Members
4844 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant ml330e

Jeff Williams_5

proliant ml330e

THIS COMPUTERS HAS BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH STACK DUMP ERRORS AND BLUE SCREEN CRASHES, I TRIED EXTRA RAM FROM 128 TO 256 NO HELP, TRIED TO CLEAN UP SOFTWARE REGISTRY DEFRAG ETC, NO HELP TRIED TO REPLACE P3-900 CPU WITH CELERON 9OO AND NOW IT TRIES TO START FOR ABOUT THREE SECONDS THEN STOPS WAITS FOR ABOUT FIVE SECONDS AND THEN TIES TO RESTART AND THEN STOPS, RE-PLACED ORIGINAL CPU AND STILL SAME STOP STARTING, REPLACED POWER SUPPLY REMOVED ALL CONNECTORS FROM BOARD,BATTERY AND CLEARED CMOS, NO HELP , REMOVED FEATURE BOARD FROM SLOT AND REPLACE NOW IT DOES ONE LONG BEEP FOLLOWED BY THREE SHORT, AND STILL THE SAME STOP STARTING HEEEEEEELP
2 REPLIES 2
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Can you include the HP product number of this ML330e? I am not sur what you mean by "feature board".
The 4 beeps you are describing indicate one of several possibilities:
- no memory is recognized as installed
- no CPU is recognised as installed
- system board has failed

It is possible the system board was damaged when removing and installing parts?
Jeff Williams_5

I dont have the part No here at the moment but the feature board is a pci plug in card which runs the ide and VGA and network connection all run through. at this stage I have reached desperation point as it is 4 am and still beeping at me , I hate computers, I am going to remove the hard drive and instal it in a IBM P3-900 desktop I have here just to try and have something for when this car ealership opens in the morning, did I tell you how much I hate computers,