1748111 Members
3702 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

proliant ml370 gen 5 not booting

brisbinj
Occasional Visitor

proliant ml370 gen 5 not booting

I have a proliant ml370 gen 5 that i had to power down to move the server and now it will not boot.

I have tried to clear the cmos with dip switch #6 on and all i get when it boots is all solid green lights, fans on high, and a long repeating beep.

with dip switch off the server power cycles, begining with all green lights, then a red flashing internal health light, and an amber temp light.

any help would be welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: proliant ml370 gen 5 not booting

Hi,

Good day,

Red flashing internal health light indicates critical health.

Please check following:

1. Login to ILO and check for any error logged in IML events

2.Check for any error indication on the Systems Insight Display LEDs (Pull out SID panel and check if it indicates any components)

3.Ensure that all the components are seated properly.

4.If still does not work then start the server with Minimum HW configuration and add components one by one to isolate the faulty components.

Single Power supply, processor and 1 GB memory.

If still unable to isolate then please raise a support ticket with HPE for further troubleshooting.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

brisbinj
Occasional Visitor

I have already tried a minimal configuration with dip switch #6 on and no dice. The iLO system does not give me a log in page either. Can I update the iLO firmware without the machine booting?
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Good day,

Is it completing POST ?

if yes, can you please take a snap and attach here to see where its getting stuck ?

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo