1752839 Members
3502 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: proliant ml530 hangs black screen

bill burles
Occasional Advisor

proliant ml530 hangs black screen

I have exchange sever running on a proliant ml530 which keeps hanging about once a day - the screen is black and everything is frozen - sounds like its trying to read the cd drive in a way but theres nothing in the event logs - anyone have any ideas? you rebbot and it works fine for a day
8 REPLIES 8
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

As if you have checked for iml log and event veiwer no error information. try to concentrate on services and background processes running at background. If we assuming it as a harware problem run windows daignin loops so we can validate the hardware

regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
bill burles
Occasional Advisor

can u expand on this "windows daignin loops" - how can i check the hardware?

thanks
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

visit following site :
compaq/com/support/files

select proliant -> model of server -> windows os ->
under software management it will give you option for windows dainostics. Install same utility it is from hp to scan complete hardware and validate since the problem is intermediate we can put loops to perform same test continuisly.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
bill burles
Occasional Advisor

i have installed the diagnostics but when you run it on a quick test it finishes the test on the serial port and then bombs out - you go back in it does the same thing :( ?
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

select complete. and then select no of loops.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
bill burles
Occasional Advisor

hurrah - the cd fails - reinstalled teh drivers and all seems well so will see if it lasts a few days

th diag test fly past in a few seconds - is this right is it testing everything?

thanks for your help
bill burles
Occasional Advisor

hmmm it hasnt solved my rebooting problem as thought :(

have "asr detected by system rom" in the logs with the asr automatically rebooting - anyone know how you tell why the asr had rebooted it?

ta
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

ASR is for Automatic system recovery that comes into act when server reboots. But since we are not able to get any error codes under iml and event veiwer also. Have you try to recconfigure the server with base os and with psp and keep it under observation and rule out the possibilty od or application errors.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible