1752798 Members
6069 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

proliant server

proliant server

my compaq proliant server ml 330 has developed a problem in slot no:3 ,I want to change the slot but i am unable to do so ,please help
4 REPLIES 4
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Re: proliant server

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

Which problem ?

You mean PCI slot 3 ?

Which card is in slot 3 ?

What do you mean by 'change the slot' - put the card in a different slot ?

And why are you unable to do so ?

Thank you for your reply. Actually I have a problem with the server feature board .This card is a board which has the SCSI controller ,display & ethernet in one card which is fixed in the slot 3 on the mother board. When I log on it says "NO SCSI DEVICES DETECTED". I tried to change the Server feature card to another slot .But the computer says "YOU MUST PUT THE Server Feature Card in SLot 3".Inspite of having extra slots to fix this card elsewhere ,the computer does not allow this process. I think the card information is stored in the ROM .Can I change the ROM to a new specification? Is there a method to change the card to another slot? Is there any other solution to my problem?
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
You cann't move the Feature board to another slot. It must stay where it is. Try reseating it and then run the System configuration by going into F10 which is the system partition. If the controller is defective then it has to be replaced.

Regards,
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

The server feature board can't be moved to a different slot. It's "special".

If it doesn't see any connected SCSI drives then I'd double check all cable connections (bent pins etc).

If that doesn't help then call HP; maybe the SCSI controller is defective.