ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748158 Members
4232 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: q57w2k Event ID 4 - Compaq NC7770 Gigabit Server Adapter #2: The network link is down. Check to mak

Keld
Advisor

q57w2k Event ID 4 - Compaq NC7770 Gigabit Server Adapter #2: The network link is down. Check to mak

Hi

I recieve these error in my eventlogs:
10:55:38 CPQTeamMP 407 Information None HP Network Team #1: PROBLEM: A non-Primary Network Link is being Closed. This is typically because of a PnP action possibly it was reconfigured through Network-Properties? Possibly it was Disabled? Possibly it is being dropped from a Team or the Team is being Dissolved? ACTION: No action is required if the described behavior is expected. Otherwise investigate the PnP reason possibly re-enable the miniport. 2.0058E+70
10:55:45 CPQTeamMP 407 Information None HP Network Team #1: PROBLEM: A non-Primary Network Link is being Closed. This is typically because of a PnP action possibly it was reconfigured through Network-Properties? Possibly it was Disabled? Possibly it is being dropped from a Team or the Team is being Dissolved? ACTION: No action is required if the described behavior is expected. Otherwise investigate the PnP reason possibly re-enable the miniport. 2.0058E+70
10:55:45 CPQTeamMP 385 Error None HP Network Team #1: PROBLEM: The Primary Network Link is down and no non-Primary team member is available for failover.

We have checked the switch, changed cables. Have been running the diag on the NIC. We have NOT made any changes to the system. Have anyone else had these expriences. We are considering chaging the adapter.

We are using:
FileName : CPQTEAM.SYS
FileVersion : 7.20.720.86
FileDescription : Network Teaming Intermediate Driver (NTID) NDIS5.0

FileName : Q57W2K.SYS
FileVersion : 2.90.0.0
FileDescription : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NDIS5 Driver.

As you can see from the web this is the lastest version:

1 REPLY 1
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: q57w2k Event ID 4 - Compaq NC7770 Gigabit Server Adapter #2: The network link is down. Check to mak

If you look under the network adapters in the "network and dialup adapters", what do you see listed? You may see this error if the MS loopback adapter is installed. If it's installed, try uninstalling it.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..