1751691 Members
4669 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"Breaking" Raid 0

Josh Knight

"Breaking" Raid 0

Hello,

I have a DL360 G3, with Smart Array 5i controller. It came with two logical/physical disks in Raid 0 configuration. I'd like to remove the Raid 0 and go to Raid 1.

If I use ACU to delete the second logical drive in the array, will it result in data loss on the first logical drive? I have never tried this action.

Many thanks for your advice.
7 REPLIES 7
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: "Breaking" Raid 0

hello,
I am little bit confused, what is exactly your current setup?

Jan
Josh Knight

Hello,

I have attached a screenshot with the ACU information.

Thanks for replying.
wobbe
Respected Contributor

I don't think you can do this with only the two disks. If you could add some disks you might be able to migrate to raid 5 or raid 10.
Josh Knight

I think that if I could stop the Raid 0 config, I could then configure mirroring. I just need to know if removing one logical drive from the Raid 0 array will cause data loss on the other drive.

Thanks
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Could you send screenshot when you click on "parallel scsi array A" ? I am afraid you can delete logical drive 2, but will be unable to create another type of logical drive than 0. Maybe I am wrong, but you need to do whole reconfiguration to raid 1 setup, than create 1 or more logical drives to maximum size of one psysical disk (72GB I asume?). Of course such reconfiguration will destroy your all data, so backup.

Jan
Josh Knight

Thanks for the info. Attached is a screenshot that you requested. The physical drive size is 72G.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
thanks for screenshot.
My previous post is valid - you will not rebuild your setup without reconstructing array (and data backup)...

Jan