ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748104 Members
4806 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

"New" Proliant Storage Server 600 All-in-One Storage System AiO600 - AG536A: Use or Chuck?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Phil Matt
Frequent Advisor

"New" Proliant Storage Server 600 All-in-One Storage System AiO600 - AG536A: Use or Chuck?

A client of mine discovered one of these things when they were cleaning out their IT inventory. I'm guessing this dates from somewhere between 2004 - 2006 or thereabouts. The OS in the box is MS Storage Server 2003.

The machine clearly has never been deployed. The client offered it to me for practically nothing. I think this is just a rebranded Proliant ML 350 G5 or thereabouts.

Does it make any sense to try and use this? It would make a battleship of a NAS server, that's for sure. But all of the components have been sitting unused for maybe 8 years or so. The specs show it could hold as much as 12Tb in storage drives.

TIA for your collective wisdom!

2 REPLIES 2
Sbrown
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: "New" Proliant Storage Server 600 All-in-One Storage System AiO600 - AG536A: Use or C

It's just a ml350 as you said, but the age will make it very slow and power inefficient!

I did not like the raid controller it used as well. very poor performance!

Phil Matt
Frequent Advisor

Re: "New" Proliant Storage Server 600 All-in-One Storage System AiO600 - AG536A: Use or C

Thanks, that's what I figured. We just recycled it, AFTER removing the drive caddies!