ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SCSI BIOS not installed!" message at boot.

Darren White
Occasional Visitor

"SCSI BIOS not installed!" message at boot.

I've just built an ML370G3 with a 5312 array controller and an HP Ultrium 230i.
I've attached the 5312 to the hard disk cage, then the on-board SCSI (Port 1) to the Ultrium.
At boot, it detects everything including the 230i on Port 1 of the internal controller. However, after not detecting anything on Port2 (because there is nothing connected to Port2), it displays a message "SCSI BIOS not installed".
The server will continue to boot, and I can SmartStart it, but don't know if any issues will be caused by this warning.
Does anyone know of the cause and how to get rid?
2 REPLIES
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: "SCSI BIOS not installed!" message at boot.

Darren,

SCSI BIOS not installed is a common message. When the SCSI BIOS is enabled it becomes a bootable controller. Since you are booting to the array controller you don't need to enable the SCSI BIOS since it is still an active controller and the devices will be seen in the SCSI bios and in the NOS.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
James McKay_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: "SCSI BIOS not installed!" message at boot.

I recently saw this problem while replacing the system board on my DL580G2. I also received an error on Port2. After working on the problem for over two hours (while my Compaq Service technician watched) I checked the seating of all the cards on my system, and discovered that the RAM on the on-board Array Controller was not completely seated. After reseating, both the Port two error and the SCSI BIOS not installed errors went away and my server restarted.