7728 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"can't read ctr while initializing i8042" Issue in "hp proliant DL380 Gen9"

donsomu
Occasional Contributor

"can't read ctr while initializing i8042" Issue in "hp proliant DL380 Gen9"

Dear HPE Community,

I am installing "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 Installer for SAP Business One" on a "HPE Server Proliant DL380 Gen9".

I am using a DVD containing an ISO image downloaded from https://download.suse.com/Download?buildid=j5aaHMFkICw~

When i boot from this DVD, i am able to start the installation process, i am asked to fill the required information, which i do.

However, when i now click "next" to now complete the installation, the server reboots .

When i now want to reboot from the hard disk, i get the following message below:

can't read ctr while initializing i8042 hp proliant

No caching node page found

Assuming drive cache: write through

How can i be able to resolve this and proceed?

Thanks,

Davis

2 REPLIES 2
Ragz
HPE Pro

Re: "can't read ctr while initializing i8042" Issue in "hp proliant DL380 Gen9"

Hi Davis,

This issue has been seen in the past which has discussed in https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00041662en_us&docLocale=en_US

I can also recommend changes, from the grub (or syslinux) menu you need to edit the boot line and add the nomodeset option.  Refer to your OS documentation on howto change or make boot options permanent

The issue happens as the Linux kernel is looking for a PS/2 port which Gen9 ProLiant servers do not have.

Regards,
Raghavender (Ragz)
тАЬI work for HPEтАЭ
donsomu
Occasional Contributor

Re: "can't read ctr while initializing i8042" Issue in "hp proliant DL380 Gen9"

Hi Raghavender,

Thank you very much for your response and the information that you have provided me.

I was able to successfully install "SAP S/4HANA 1809" on a "HANA 2.0 Database" using the server.

We (my company) wants to purchase a new HPE server again.

This time round we intend to install "SAP Business One 9.3 for SAP HANA" which runs on an Operating system called "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 Installer for SAP Business One".

My senior would like to order the following HPE server: below:

P06420-B21

DL380 Gen10 4110 / 16gb / 500w Power supply / No ODD / No HDD

He intends to buy the RAM and HDD separately

In your HPE expert opinion, whats your opinion about this server?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Davis.