1753806 Members
7519 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: "installing and configuring hp programs. please wait"

AidanO
Occasional Contributor

"installing and configuring hp programs. please wait"

I am installing Small Business Server 2003 Premium on an ML 370 server using the HP software installation programs. It looks as though Windows installed and then reboots to the point where it displays the "installing and configuring HP programs. please wait" message. This message has been on the screen for about 2 hours. The system has 2 RAID arrays, 1 RAID1 for the boot partition and 1 RAID 5 array for data. The RAID 5 partition was not formatted before the install. Is it possible that the HP programs are formatting the 3 - 146 GB drives in the RAID 5 partition and that's what's taking such a long time? I didn't see any message indicating that the disks would be formatted by this process. I don't know if there is something wrong or if I should just let it run. Any help is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
AidanO
Occasional Contributor

I waited 3 hours, then rebooted the system and continued the SBS install. I don't know what happened to the HP programs installation or if anything is wrong with the system that may come back to haunt us. Does anyone have any ideas on this issue?
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

It seems that the server not copied the drivers properly using the smart start cd.
Use anyother Smart start cd(neew ver 7.40) and install it one more thime.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I had the same problem and It seems that if you disconnect all network cables this problem does not occurs. Try that!
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?