New Discussion юеВ

raid 1 IN WIN2003 ON SERVER ML150 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
DINARAS
Occasional Advisor

raid 1 IN WIN2003 ON SERVER ML150 G3

Hello,

I have recently purchased a ml150 g3 server. Idid a raid 1 from the bios with 2 hard disks 146 gb each. Then i installed windows, pressed f6 and added the driver in order for the sata raid to be identified. Everything installed fine, and in the beggining i was seing only 1 logical drive.

After trying to install chipset drivers and other drivers i realised that the 1 logical drive i was seing now became 2 drives. They contain the same files inside but i believe this is not raid 1. Also if i create a file in disk 1 this file is not copiedin disk 2, hence raid 1 isnt working.

I also tried the software that came with the server for raid 1 through windows but could not do anything. While booting i see 2 physical hard drives and 1 logical device.

Also i installed matrox vga driver, but my screen sersolution and color depth are very low and cant go higher.

Finally i see a device (ACPI something) that i cannot find a driver for it.

Can you help me resolve these problems please.
16 REPLIES 16
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: raid 1 IN WIN2003 ON SERVER ML150 G3

Hello,
If Go to the Array Configuration Utility, Do you see the RAID being SETUP ?

Regards,
James.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

For the Yellow Bang on Device Manager, you need IPMI Controller Driver;

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00751525

Regards,
James.
DINARAS
Occasional Advisor

Hello James and thank you for your quick reply,

I did sort out the unkown device with the IPMI driver you told me.

As far as raid is concerned, i have tried everything. In the bios sata setup utility i can see my array and one logical drive is seen.

The array configuration utility doesnt see the controller at all. this is what the report shows:

Array Diagnostic Utility Version 7.85.16.0
Array Diagnostic Utility Inspection Report Version 7.85.16.0

Date/Time: Friday, October 19, 2007 2:15:17PM
Computer Model: HP Server

SLOT SUMMARY:
Slot Num Slot Type Array Controllers and Host Adapters Detected
-------- --------- --------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for helping me resolve this problem
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

What type of HDD are you using ? controller?

James.
DINARAS
Occasional Advisor

From the device manager in SCSI and Raid Controllers i read the following:

Intel(R) 631xESB/632xESB SATA RAID Controller.

I am using 2X146 GB sata hard Disks

Thanks again
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Oh I see;

ACU will not detect the integrated SATA controller; R you seeing 2 Drives in "my computer" ?? Is the SATA RAID enabled in BIOS ?

Regards,
James.
DINARAS
Occasional Advisor

Yes, i am seeing 2 drives through windows explorer although when the machine boots i see 2 physicall drives and 1 array as a logical drive.

This is why i am stuck and dont know how to tackle this problem.

When i first installed the server with win 2003 i was able to see only on drive and i thought that raid was working.

After i started installing drivers, then at some point i realised i was seing 2 drives instead of one.

In a previews installation in same machine (i though if i format it would fix the problem) i used the matrox array utility (or something like that) in order to make raid 1 again, but it couldnt fix it either
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

If SATA/RAID is enabled in BIOS; & you have the SATA drivers...try reinstalling it using the nLITE software;
www.nliteos.com

This software will help INTEGRATE the SATA drivers on the OS files; & end result will be an ISO image; burn it on a CD/DVD & boot from it;

Regards,
James.
DINARAS
Occasional Advisor

It is a bit hard to believe that i should reinstall everything in order to include a sata driver in my win2003 install cd (if i have understood well)

Shouldnt there be a proper driver for the sata raid controller for windows??????

You think this is the only way to go?

Thank you very much for your time