1748249 Members
3610 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

raid 3080X drivers and firmware

rberger

raid 3080X drivers and firmware

Hi there,

I have a ML150G3 with a sas3080X controller. The controller is giving me a lot of problems so I want to try to upgrade it. The problem, however, is that I can't find the newest drivers for windows 2003 and more important, firmware and bios.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Roger
6 REPLIES 6
Vernny
Advisor

Re: raid 3080X drivers and firmware

Hello Roger, I hope you're doing well.

I didn't find your exact sas3080X under ML150G3 quick specs but with the description on it, looks like a HP 8 Internal Port SAS Host Bus Adapter with RAID. Below you will find the Driver and Firmware/BIOS of it:

Firmware - Storage Controller
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279687&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1163831&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#29214

Driver - Storage Controller
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279687&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1163831&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#113214

Thank you,
Vernny D.
rberger

Thanks Vernny,
That is the firmware I am using. The strange thing is that the new version only has a .bin file which isn't recognized as a bios or a firmware file. The old (10-2008) version loads fine, but my server is still hanging on the raid controller.
Vernny
Advisor

Hi,

I recommend to contact HP Support in order to have them check the internal components. I guess that they will try installing the latest PSP.

Thanks,
Vernny D.
jmar83
Occasional Visitor

Hello

That firmware package has a lot of .fw files and only ONE .rom file.

I don't want to use a dos boot disk to update my controller, there is another way via "MegaRAID" (it's from LSI).

But i need to know the correct .fw file for my adapter.

It's from HP (-HP at the end in its name), and the revision is, very special, "0D"... i do not find a lot about a "0D" revision in google or bing.

Thank you for your feedbacks!

With best regards,

Jan

jmar83
Occasional Visitor

Does nobody know the 0D revision?

I don't find anything about it when i search...

With best regards,

Jan

ZhitnikovYuV

╨б╤Б╤Л╨╗╨║╨╕ ╨╜╨╡ ╨┤╨╛╤Б╤В╤Г╨┐╨╜╤Л. ╨Т╤Л╨╗╨╛╨╢╨╕╤В╨╡, ╨┐╨╛╨╢╨░╨╗╤Г╨╣╤Б╤В╨░, ╨▓ ╨╛╨▒╨╗╨░╨║╨╛ ╨╕╨╗╨╕ ╨┤╨░╨╣╤В╨╡ ╨╜╨╛╨▓╤Л╨╡ ╤Б╤Б╤Л╨╗╨║╨╕.

Google Translation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links are not available, please give new links.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------