ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752815 Members
5957 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: raid help-proliant ML310 G3 server,

bob aol

raid help-proliant ML310 G3 server,

i have a hp proliant ML310 G3 server, i am trying to install Server 2003 standard edition on it, it has 2 drives. i want to raid it to mirror or stripe which ever i can do. i do not know which drivers i need for the OS. i have installed the OS to one drive, disabled the embeded raid drivers in the BIOS then load the adaptec drivers to the OS, reboot enable the embeded raid and then i did a raid rebuild which took almost 2 days to do it did not work. the system booted up with a bunch of characters meaning the partiion is corrupted. what can i do to fix this. thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Which RAID controller are you using? Why did you install Adaptec drivers? Corrupted partition means either wrong drivers, faulty controller or a server board issue. Did you upgrade the firmware on the server to the latest revision? Are you doing hardware or software RAID?
bob aol

this is an embeded hardware raid. thats why i am aksing what Raid drivers do i load to Server 2003 after installation. i tried adaptec didnt work it was the ones of the hp support page.
bob aol

can anyone help please i need to locate the correct drivers for server 2003 OS so i can load the raid drivers for it. not sure which ones to use on the hp support site as there is 6 different ones.