ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748099 Members
5837 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rebuilding a harddrive on a ml530 g2 6402 server

William K. Lucas

rebuilding a harddrive on a ml530 g2 6402 server

I had one of my hot swap 72.8g harddrive go bad. I got a replacement and when I installed it the green arrow came on for about 10 seconds then went off. On all my other harddrives the cyclinder light is lit. On the new one I'm trying to install the cyclinder light is not lit. I have a 6402 array and isn't it supposed to automatically rebuild the drive? I'm running windows 2000 server. Is thier a way to rebuild that drive manually?
Willie
2 REPLIES 2
х╝аш╛Й_1
Honored Contributor

The SA6402 supposed to automatically rebuild .
Seth Parker
Trusted Contributor

If you had the array configured with an online spare, it's probably doing what it's supposed to do. Your old online spare got used to rebuild the array, and the new one is just set aside as the new online spare. Online spare's don't have their light lit as they're not being used.

To be sure, check the array with ACU (Array Configuration Utility) and see what the state of the array is. If it's not fully functional, make sure the new disk was automatically added to the existing array. The controller may just be sitting there waiting for you to tell it what to do with this new disk.

Regards,
Seth