Event Source: Server Agents
Event Category: Events
Event ID: 1126
Date: 10/13/2003
Time: 6:38:01 AM
User: N/A
Computer: XXX_XXX_!!
Description:
Compaq System Information Agent: Compaq Health: The Fault Tolerant Power Supply Sub-system has lost redundancy. Restore power or replace any failed or missing power supplies.
Chassis: '0'
[SNMP TRAP: 6032 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

this message is coming from 3 of are server both NT4 and 2000 all bois and firmware is up to date along with support paq these are coming about every 30 min or so
3 REPLIES
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

Re: redundant power supply

I just started seeing it on a server also.

Ours is on an 8500 with Win2K3.
Thom Spadaro
Advisor

these appears to only happen with our 8500,8000 and dl760's servers all power supplies are installed and i have been watching them and none seem to be actually having a problem but they page every 5 mins i was told by compaq to turn off the server agents but this defeats the purpose of having any management on these enterprise servers
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

With the 8500/8000/Dl760 - it is recommended to use high voltage for full redundancy - according to Compaq/HP. The power supply viewer shows that 50% of its capacity is used - meaning if a supply goes the single PS will be using greater than 100%. While in perfect worlds this is bad - it seems as though there is a significant amount of overheard built into the PS as I've had them run for days on a single. In a test lab of course :)

I don't think I would turn the notification off either as I'd want to know when I do lose a power supply.