ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748000 Members
4886 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: remove press "F10" message

david stryker

remove press "F10" message

I have a dl380 with the 667mhz processors. I have installed Suse 9.1 but after every reboot I get the message: "press F1 to continue, press F10 for system partition utilities". the system will not continue to boot without user intervention. I have checked the system partition, but cannot find any option to disable. Is there a way to remove this message?

I also tried the latest smart start (7.10) but it tells me this system is not supported. What is the latest version of smart start i can use on this system?
7 REPLIES 7
Patricio Veloso

When the proliant server need an F1 to start is because have eny problem, one power supply off, you can check this, and before the F1 message tel you about some error.

Try start the server whit a SmartStar CD version 6 because the server not support the newest version.

Regards
Patricio
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

No one should ever have to guess which version of SmartStart to use. See http://www.hp.com/servers/manage --> SmartStart --> Support Matrices --> SmartStart CD Server Support Matrix

"Press [F1] to continue..." usually indicates it is pausing after a problem detected during power-on self test (POST). What is the error message? After you have corrected the error and cleared the IML the pause should go away.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

The option to press F1 is there, because it's getting some kind of POST error.

To get around this:
Press F10 and at the main menu (immediately after it prompts to press any key) press ctrl-A. This should enable advanced mode. Select the option to configure hardware, review or modify, then view and edit details. Scroll approximately 1/3 of the way down and you'll see the advanced options. There will be an option to disable F1 prompt.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
david stryker

thanks, It just wanted the other power supply plugged in. :-)

looks like i need to use smart start 5.5 according to the support matrix, but i can't find a place to download it. Is it still available or do i need to buy it? does anyone have a link?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

For royalty reasons (it contains non-HP intellectual property) it is available only for purchase, not download.
Patricio Veloso

David, what is your email?
david stryker

dstryker@ixtelecom.com