ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751972 Members
4975 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: reset HP System Mng Page

Angelia Young

reset HP System Mng Page

I need to reset the HP System Management Homepage for my server. Someone had set it and doesn't remember it. Is there a way to reset this.
7 REPLIES 7
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

What seems to be problem Password? Or locale?
Angelia Young

I'm sorry but your reply makes no sense to me. I don't know the password. I need to somehow reset it without the original. Is this kept in a file on the server or do I need to reinstall something. Is there a way to get into the System Mng Homepage other than the original password set?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Reinstall Proliant Support software Pack and overwrite configurable components: IM Agents with new Password make sure save new settings. See attachment for additional help.
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

Hi Angelia,

do you have another server with known password? If yes you can copy the cpqhmmd.acl file from c:\compaq\wbem directory. It copies the password from the known system.

regards,
Akos
Benneweg
Frequent Advisor

What OS do you use?

on Linux:

'/etc/init.d/hpasm reconfigure'
Angelia Young

Thank you for your help. I tried copying the file suggested from a good machine but that didn't work. Are there any additional files to copy? I'm on OS W2K.

Joe Garcia
Occasional Contributor

When wish to reset the password to one that I know, I usually copy three files from a machine that I can access the Inisght Agent Web interface. The files are from the path below and are copied to the same path location on the new machine.

They are:
From Machine A To Machine B
C:\compaq\wbem\cpqhmmd.acl C:\compaq\wbem\cpqhmmd.acl
C:\compaq\wbem\homepage\cpqhmmd.ini C:\compaq\wbem\homepage\cpqhmmd.ini
C:\compaq\wbem\homepage\cpqhmmdx.ini C:\compaq\wbem\homepage\cpqhmmdx.ini

I restart SNMP services after the copy and logon.

Hope this helps!