5364 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: reset iLO remotely

Gene Kenny
Regular Advisor

reset iLO remotely

Hello

Can I reset the power to an iLO remotely. I can not log into the iLO, because another user is logon. I know I am the only user. The iLO is in a c-class blade.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

You could try using something called HP Integrated Lights Out Management (HPONCFG):

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24575.html

This is a command line configuration utility. The /reset switch allows you reset the ILO settings to default. Link to the document with all possible commands:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00294268/c00294268.pdf
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,
Login to Web-GUI of ILO.
Select Remote console TAB>
Select Settings.

There is a acquire option Enable the same. When it is in use by others you can force a Disconnect.

Regards.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi

iLo2 allows more than 2 users to log in.
You can only have 1 remote access session(GUI).
If you log in to iLo2, but can't start hte GUI, you can use :

When the Remote Console Acquire setting on the Remote Console Settings screen is enabled, the Remote
Console page displays the Acquire button. If you have opened the Remote Console page and are notified
that another user is currently using Remote Console, clicking the Acquire button ends the other user's
Remote Console session and starts a Remote Console session in your current window.
check iLo2 user guide, page 77...before that under remote console settings you must enable Acquire remote console..

If you have problems with the login, then check the try another user if you have one.

Regards
binoyskylark
Frequent Advisor

HI

Log to OA of the blade from there you can connect to ILO , for resetting do the following steps

-----------
Log to OA

select the required server
go to web administration in that server's ILO

select the diagonetic tab (left side of the page)

there you can see a reset option

Gudluck
Binoy
Binoy.p.p
HP AIS Blade system Integration